Video Conferencing is very different from a Video Call. Video Conferencing allows 2 or more parties to communicate simultaneously using Video and Audio. Video Conferencing has always had limitations and was considered as an expensive solution because it was done over an ISDN line. There are 2 main limitations on ISDN Line:-
- Limited Bandwidth – Each ISDN line offers a maximum of 64 Kbps bandwidth whereas HD quality Video Conferencing requires minimum 512 Kbps of speed.
- International Call Charges – Customer has to pay heavy International Call Charges on ISDN Line and that to double, one for Voice and another for Video.
The world around us has never been the same and it is continuously changing with new and better technologies. Video Conferencing over ISDN is outdated and is History. Similarly, TRA (Telephone Regulatory Authority, UAE) has allowed only Etisalat and Du (The Licensees) to provide Telecommunication Services including Video Conferencing or VoIP Services. (Reference: http://www.tra.gov.ae/news_Explanatory_Statement-512-1.php) . Du Telecom in Partnership with Polycom and CommIT through their MVaaS Service allows companies to do Unlimited HD Quality Video Conferencing anywhere in the world for just AED 1,500 / month. Companies who have installed the same at their premises find significant reduction in the travel costs and travel time. Followings are the benefits of MVaaS service from Du:-
- Free and Unlimited hours of Video Conferencing
- No International Call Charges
- No any other Variable expenses
- Connect upto 5 locations/offices/endpoints at the same time. For Ex: Mr. X wants to address Employees in 4 or 5 offices in MENA region or anywhere. Using the VNoC bridge, he can address them at the same time instead of doing it one by one.
- Works inside and outside VPN
- Works/Integration with all types of Instrument/Hardware like Life Size, Polycom, Tanberg or Cisco