Backup Exec 2012 is known as a product which is used to backup and restore entire servers, Microsoft applications which are more critical and VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments in order to minimize the business downtime. This helps to protect virtual environments and physical environments and it’s an integrated product that simplifies both backup and disaster recovery and it offers numerous recovery capabilities.
New Features of The Backup Exec 2012 are,
01. It is supporting for the Latest Hypervisor, Operating System and Application Releases
- VMware vSphere 5.1, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V
- SQL 2012 SP1, Exchange 2013 and SharePoint 2013
02. It’s a modernized innovative user console.
- This creates users with simple and intuitive management and monitoring capabilities and eliminates backup complexity with an easy to use, innovative user console.
- While providing full customization capabilities it automatically configures policies and settings.
03. It’s a product which has any recovery.
- It has a single pass backup
- Users are able to recover virtual machines, applications, databases, files, folders and even granular objects in seconds. Fast granular recovery through this single-pass backup of virtual or physical systems.
04. Known as an integrated disaster recovery.
- The bare metal recovery which is taken from the Backup Exec is used to recover a failed system from bare metal to the same hardware, or a different hardware or to a VMware or Hyper-V guest in seconds.
- Dissimilar hardware recovery
- Physical to virtual (P2V) conversions