The WAN technology can be described as “the technology of connecting multiple devices over a private network and then connecting this network to other external networks through varied protocols”. Network solutions in Dubai and other parts of the world are enabling effective communication for businesses of medium scale through cost-effective implementations. The most popularly used technology for today’s business operations is WAN or the Wide Area Network. The WANs have been differentiated through their data-transmitting techniques which present alterations in some way or the other, thereby allowing us to take advantage of different set of features each time, according to the different needs/purposes of networks in the comprehensive business operations.
- Data sharing is a requisite in any business, whether the business deals with technical products or services or has a presence in any other domain. WAN allows easy data sharing throughout the organisation. If you need to work with a geographically dispersed workforce, WAN provides the most secure, fast and user-friendly solutions for carrying out the operations.
- While LAN can help carry out the operations in a small business with single location like a building or a floor, connectivity, WAN is the preferred choice when the requirement is on a larger scale. WAN can actually accommodate a multitude of users throughout the organisation regardless of one’s location. Moreover, when your business operations demand employees or business associates to be placed at different geographical locations, WAN is the best way to go.
- When the business operations keep on changing scales, as the business expands or alters the ways of function, WAN can be a great option. The networks are scalable and accommodate the increments that a business needs from time to time. Check out the same with your network vendors, as they are the ones who can suggest you with typical configurations in order to cope with different needs and demands of the sites.
- WAN takes off the pressure to have separate IT infrastructure for businesses operating from multiple locations. For example, a business can have a mail or a file server centrally located in a head office or a data centre, and the employees make use of the same through corporate WAN. This also makes it easy to manage and maintain your IT hardware at reduced costs.
- As mentioned earlier, WANs present a secure option for data transfers and shared usage, as against the internet. Nobody can catch hold of or use any confidential data that you send through your WAN networks, as the data is encrypted for added security by the WAN technology.
- WANs due to their inherent design advantage (leased lines) offer larger bandwidths, promoting higher speeds and unlimited data sharing and transfers. A WAN lets you be tension-free while using the network.
Corporate WANs can even provide for phone calls required in a dispersed business. Just make sure your WAN provider company is aware of it, so that they can prioritise