Mobile Number Portability Is a chance for you to shift your number into another provider? Many people wish to transfer to Du service but they don’t change their service provider as they really love their number and don’t want to lose it. So here giving our customers a better chance and choice to change their services provider without actually having to change their phone number. As a representative of DU, COMMit can easily transfer your existing numbers for you to your new DU service. You can visit one of our many kiosks or offices throughout Dubai or give us a call at 800-COMMIT.
Here are answers to some of your questions :
Who can use mobile number portability?
- Prepaid and postpaid numbers
- Consumer and enterprise
Do I have to pay for mobile number portability service?
- Most cell companies have no cost for the service
What will happened to my balance in my account when I avail this service?
- If you have any credit balance it will be lost upon the process of your porting, hence, it is advisable to finish your credit before the porting process.
Can I fix my existing contract and bills with my old provider?
- Absolutely, after the porting is completed, you can close and pay the contract.
In order to avail this service you will have to follow a simple and hassle free process:
- Be it prepaid or postpaid you can visit any of our customer service desks in order to know more and availability of this service.
- Don’t forget to bring any of your valid id such as passport or emirates card
(for corporates please ask our sales representative for the required mandatory documents)
- You will get your porting date as well as your new sim card. It is normally transferred within 1 working day but if requested during the weekend it may take till the next working day to process the request.
- If your transfer is already completed, you will receive an SMS from your old sim card asking you to switch to your new sim card
- Your current number will not have any interruption till your transfer is completed.
About the Author: Flor Lani Iguico- is one of the sales representative in the Sales department recently handling the single business tower kiosk.
Disclaimer: All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. COMMit makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. COMMit will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. COMMit will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions of use are subject to change at any time and without notice.