We have a requirement for 1 Senior Technical Engineer with the specialization of Systems Administrator. The Enterprise/Projects team caters to our Enterprise level customers and also installs and configures IT infrastructure. Potential candidates for this role will have good technical and troubleshooting skills along with a strong desire to continuously improve infrastructure and corporate computing environments.
The Enterprise/Projects Team is also responsible for all onsite support. You will be required to rotate on and offsite for support of our customers. When not onsite the Senior Technical Engineer will report directly to the Projects Manager. Working offsite you will be assigned to various sized projects to install and configure IT infrastructure, CCTV, and Video Conferencing equipment.
- Providing first and second line support to end users throughout multiple organizations.
- Leaderships skills with ability to train and lead junior level engineers.
- Assisting with day to day backups and maintenance of IT infrastructure at multiple organizations.
- Providing support and assisting with the installation and upgrades of laptops, servers and printers.
- Answering day to day queries provided by the support desk.
- Sharing information to team members.
- Maintaining hardware (iPads, Blackberry Phones, Laptops, Printers, Servers).
- Promoting other services to existing customers.
- Insuring customer satisfaction through quality service.
- Proficiency with current computing skills (All versions of Windows).
- Proficiency with server administration and configuration
- Strong PC skill base centering in Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Desktop Applications, IP Telephony Support, PC/Laptop Hardware Repair and Outlook/Exchange
- Endeavors to take on Incidents that require a high degree of technical aptitude and/or customer service skills
- Awareness of Security Best Practices
- A degree level education with a strong emphasis on IT Systems Administration or equivalent work experience
- Must have completed a multiple provable certifications and have kept them updated
- Must maintain partner certification levels. Our engineers have to be up to date with Cisco, HP, Microsoft, and other certifications (COMMit offers free training provided by our partnerships. COMMit reimburses for all passed exams)
- Must be able to obtain a UAE drivers license within first 3 months of employment.
- Microsoft Certification(s)
- Cisco Certification(s)
- HP Certifications (s)
- Scripting ability (VB)
- Experience Managing Projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels.
- Confident presentation style.
- Excellent organization skills and time management.
- Resolution negotiation skills.
- Proactive and resourceful.
- Desire to learn.
- High enthusiasm levels and a constant improvement mentality.Strives to handle a high workload (i.e. above median # of Incidents) while providing end users with a high level of service.
- Highly reliable and dependable.
- Excellent team working skills.