JOB DESCRIPTION of Cloud Sales/Managed Services Engineer
The Cloud Sales Engineer is responsible for providing potential and existing customers with technical product solution consulting and advice, performing technical evaluations and demonstrations of our solutions, preparing professional and accurate responses and proposals, being an advocate for the solution offerings, and working with all company resources and partners to increase revenue through pre-sales and post-sales efforts.
Candidate will conduct product demonstrations, help the customer’s technical staff address infrastructure and integration issues and provide proofs of concept to meet the customer’s needs. Candidate and the assigned sales team will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales targets on a quarter-by-quarter basis. You will be part of an aggressive sales organization, but will remain, at the core, a technical expert who actively participates in the sales process.
- Works with sales account managers as a technical consultant during sales calls, demonstration, and proofs of concept.
- Answer technical questions accurately and appropriately for all products and services to prospective technical, non-technical and executive level contacts.
- Provide technical and non-technical descriptions and content for proposals with professional writing capabilities
- Provide onsite product and solution installation, training, support, and problem resolution.
- Gather and communicate ongoing prospect/customer feedback, enhancement requests and issues for product managers.
- Influence prospects of our products and service value propositions.
- Determine customer key business objectives via strategic discussions with prospects and sales teams.
- Take ownership of new orders and implementations of products and services.
- Be available to actively participate in conferences, seminars, trade shows and other sales venues.
- Drive revenue of assigned products in category specialty while working with several sales colleagues.
- Work with partners, consulting, support, and education to identify, initiate and qualify new opportunities within accounts.
- Initiate and/or assist in proposal creation for creative integrated solutions within the product set of the assigned category.
- Take a pro-active leadership role in designing, creating, installing, and supporting Proof-of-Concept/Product Pilots in pre-sales opportunity assessment.
- Provide sales, enablement and training assistance in partner opportunities as leads are qualified and pursued.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with virtualization, storage systems, networking, enterprise applications and other IT systems.
- Display quality interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.