Most business managers are unable to understand the real issues regarding the IT security of their organisation. Some of them are perplexed at the fact that, in spite of having an internal IT department and a special provision for taking care of IT security, there still remain some issues which are problematic, time-money consuming and difficult to handle.
So, is comprehensive IT security really such an avenue which does not have a feasible solution?
- Most of the IT departments in companies face similar problems when IT security is concerned. For example, IT security issues can be easily recognized but they can seldom be resolved as swiftly and easily as they are identified. Moreover, the IT departments are not prepared to respond to unusual problems as quickly as the business operations and deadlines demand.
- There are other issues like completely unknown or new technical glitches that might hamper the utility of IT systems for business.
Thus, more and more companies are ready to hire external assistance, considering the ‘vulnerable’ as well as the ‘indispensable’ issue, namely IT security.
- IT security companies in Dubai have varied preferable features that make the services effective- cost, time as well as support wise. They have cultivated the right domain expertise through vast and varied experience in different domains, scales and wide variety of issues.
- They are quick to respond and provide on-demand support as, when and where required, and work by partnering tightly with their clients. These features, more or less, make the external IT agencies, a preferred option in today’s IT-rich business arena.
However, there are things that a company needs to decide and have a firm stand on, before going ahead with an external IT agency. First thing that should be considered in the hiring process is the ‘communication’ and ‘role definition’ issues that pop up while dealing with an external agency.
So, as a reputed and experienced IT security vendor, we know where the issues can arise and pose problems for the client companies. Thus, a few guidelines:
- Your IT department needs to know that an external agency is hired for enhancing and improving the security standards in the business, and not to replace the existing teams.
- Lot of uncertainty can seep in, when IT departments and external IT agencies do not understand the scope of their work in entirety. With the help of ‘to-the-point’ communication and transparency in dealings, an external agency can bestow unimaginable benefits to the client systems and operations.
- When an external agency is in the picture, it is necessary to bring in a ‘firm’ structure to the entire execution process. Issues like who should report to whom and how is one supposed to go forward in case of certain ambiguity should be addressed properly. At the same time, evaluations and reviews should be carried out regularly.
With threats and risks increasing day-by-day, it is essential to decide on the security strategies early on. Remember, an external agency at an appropriate opportunity will surely help the security situation of your business.